Toast of the Week (3/25/16)
It’s been an interesting week around here. My week started off by hanging out with Enrique Sejas over at Stogies World Class Cigars, making this the perfect time to recommend the Matilde Oscura from our Top Ten Cigars of 2015. I’m finally getting back to reality after too long a time spent in honeymoon mode, so we’ve reviewed the MBombay Corojo Oscuro Perfecto and the 601 Steel by Espinosa Cigars. Thursday night I attended an Alec Bradley event featuring George Sosa “The Master Chief” (even if he most of his time hidden away from the crowd). Our Why I Love Cigars Contest will continue for one last week. We’ve got some great reviews coming up after Easter, so be sure to keep checking back.
Anyhow, here’s what was worth toasting around the cigar world this week…
- The guys over at Cigar Dojo compiled at great list of The World’s Best Maduro Cigars. They interviewed thirteen professionals from various parts of the cigar industry. Rocky Patel, Michael Herklots, Erik Espinosa, Pete Johnson and Steve Saka all participated. I had the honor of being asked to participate. (Possibly because marijuana is legal in Dojo’s home state.) So, we toast the Dojo for compiling this excellent list. Check it out here.
- Kiss My Ash Radio celebrated their 200th Episode this week. Honest Abe, Adam K and Lady M traveled to Davidoff of Geneva in Tampa, FL to broadcast this landmark episode. We toast the Kiss My Ash gang for reaching this milestone, and suggest you check it out here.
- Over at Covering Your Ash, Jason Zahner did a wonderful review of the Warped Corto X50. Here at Toasted Foot we’re big fans of the cigars that Warped has been putting out, and the Corto is a great cigar that we haven’t got around to reviewing yet. We toast the good work the guys at Covering Your Ash are doing, and hope you check out their review here.
- Our buddy Seth Geise at Cigar Federation did a great review of the Illusione Fume D’Amour Juniperos. The Fume D’Amore was the Cigar Media Association‘s 2014 Cigar of the Year, and the Juniperos was added to the line in 2015. We toast Seth for his take on the Fume D’Amour Jumperos. Check out his review here.
- There’s a huge contingent of BOTL/SOTL posting some impressive cigar images on Instagram. Here’s a few that we follow, and suggest you check them out: @xikarjohn @botllichapter @happy_minions78 @to_parts_unknown @ladymbombay_lg @aloomis72 @sumatrasamurai @smokinstills @pottercigar @sdcigars @seths_humidor @txspike @ashes_n_lashes
That’s it for this week. Enjoy the Easter weekend.
All the best,